This recipe is more like a puzzle putting the pieces together than actually using your cooking skills. Takes only a few minutes and makes a filling and healthy meal.
I personally like to do most of my grocery shopping in Trader Joe’s because you can find most items pre-prepped for you. However, many of the ingredients can be found in your local super market. Hummus is in every refrigerator aisle and falafel can be found in the freezer aisle. My favorite wraps and breads are Ezekiel brand that are usually found in the freezer aisle. They are a great source of plant based protein and fiber that keep you full longer.
No meal is complete without some sauce. My refrigerator is full of all kinds of sauces that I mix into homemade seasonings to give everything a good kick. My hot sauce of choice is Sriracha and in this case I also added store bought chimichirri sauce. The cilantro and falafel mixture made for a bite full of robust flavors. I love adding broccoli slaw or sprouts to sandwiches to give it a good crunch but feel free to add lettuce, cucumber, carrots, or any of your favorite vegetable mixture.
Time: 15 minutes
Skill level: Easy af
- Whole wheat wrap (Ezekiel Brand pictured above)
- 2 Tablespoons of hummus
- 3 Frozen falafel pieces
- 1/2 cup of broccoli slaw
- 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce (optional)
- Heat falafel as instructed on package.
- Slightly heat up the wrap in a toaster over or on the stove. Be careful not too heat it up too much or it won’t fold over properly.
- Once everything is warm spread the hummus on the wrap and add falafel and broccoli slaw.
- Add hot sauce and chimichurri sauce
- Wrap the falafel by tucking two sides into the center and quickly rolling a third side over the filling and neatly tucking it into one easy to eat delicious falafel portal.